You are not logged in.

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 17 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• Activate Facebook

Sjayz

Beta und Prototypen [Moderator]

(37)

• "Sjayz" is male
  • "Sjayz" started this thread

Date of registration: Aug 25th 2008

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, October 29th 2008, 4:29pm

How the RE2 Beta 2 got leaked

Biohazard 2 Beta 2 (SLP Number Unknown):

Me and gorehound often talked about where the Beta 2 came from. Because of that I informed myself at several contacts and found out, that, the BH2 Beta 2 has been leaked 1998 by an employee of capcom shortly before it's official release. Capcom, naturally, found out very soon, signed that employee off and imposed a fine on him. Because the Beta didn't contain much story spoilers (for example in form of FMV's) this case hasn't got hyped. I just think that some of the hardcore collectors may be interested in where their Beta 2 comes from, and how it got leaked. As well known this version is an Inhouse-Build, created to give the supervisor a monthly survey of the development status. Furthermore, the Beta has only been given away twice. One by the employee of Capcom, another to an unknown game magazine. Therefore there are 2 original discs with extremely high collectors price on the market, if they would be sold.

Here are the precised facts of this build:

Release Date: 1998 (no official release)
No serial number

The release only consists of the Leon disc. Both scenarios are available: Leon A, Leon B, both can be played till the end. In the final battle against Birkin 2 the game then freezes. The items and monster placements are different from the final version. A so called "Debug menu" is available via pressing "Select". With this function you can reach every room in the game (also areas to which Leon normally can't get[for example Claire Scenario Areas, etc...]). It's possible to save the game. The origin of the Beta 2 is japan, so all the text and documents are in japanese. There's now way to get that disc on commercial way.
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 17 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Counter:

Hits today: 1,842 --- Hits yesterday: 7,460 --- Hits record: 43,671 --- Hits total: 11,525,466 *** Clicks today: 2,347 --- Clicks yesterday: 7,662 --- Clicks total: 24,531,212 --- Clicks record: 57,701 ***** Counts since: Jul 30th 2010, 9:56pm----- Counter age (days): 3,462.12 *****
Rate this thread